I mentioned earlier that I ordered a Mr. Beer homebrew kit. Well, it showed up last week and today was brew day.
It was simple as can be:
- 10 minutes to sanitize
- Dissolve the “booster” in 4 cups water (booster is basically corn syrup solids)
- Bring to boil, remove from heat
- Add extract, stir to create wort.
- Pour wort into fermenter
- Add cold water to make 8.5 qts
- Pitch yeast, stir, store in cool dark place
Now we wait. I followed the Pale Ale recipe exactly as described in the packaging. I want to see how it turns out before tweaking the Mr. Beer recipes. All in all it was a very simple process with little to no mess. First impression… this is pretty awesome. I’ll report back on bottle day. Until then I’ll be emptying bottles. Cheers!
Beer Soaked Erik